SANDUSKY — Grave concern continues to mount for two men who were shot August 16 at a home on East Parish Street. At social media pages, friends are mourning the passing of one of the victims.
Sandusky Police Chief Jared Oliver said this morning said he could not comment about the mens’ conditions. Officials at Cleveland Metro Health Medical Center told police this morning both victims remain in critical condition, the chief said. One of the victims, a Sandusky man in his early 20s, was shot in the neck, and there is great concern in the community about whether he can survive his injuries.
The other man suffered injuries in the stomach area and/or leg, according to sources.
The shooting occurred at about 12:30 a.m. Witnesses identified a 20-year-old Sandusky man with a lengthy arrest record as the shooter, according to a source who spoke with StayTunedSandusky.com. The suspect previously was arrested several times in the last two years, according to Municipal Court records, including being charged with resisting arrest on Aug. 11. He’s faced domestic violence, menacing and other charges previously.
Oliver didn’t provide any other updates on the investigation this morning.
StayTunedSandusky is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.



